Interview with Casey Bell, Author of ESSAYS FROM DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILIES: LITERARY BETRAYAL

 

Interview with Casey Bell, Author of ESSAYS FROM DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILIES: LITERARY BETRAYAL

What is your book about?

This book is sorta of two books in one. The first book “Essays From Dysfunctional Families” is written by a fictional author: Dean K. Brent. The book, (Essays) is a fictional book with ten essays from ten different people sharing their dysfunctional family. The fictional write used real life stories from his family and friends. The second half of the book, (Literary Betrayal) tells the story of how the author Dean K Brent became a best-selling author due to his book, however his family and friends are not so happy for him, knowing that he exposed their dirty laundry for the world to see.

How long had the idea of your book been developing before you began to write the story?

That is a difficult question to answer. I originally wanted to write a fictional, exaggerated book about the secrets of my family and friends, but felt it might be considered a betrayal so I never did. That idea was in my mind since about 2011-2012, but I never had the guts to publish it. I was too afraid people might read it and be angry with me. So that’s when I came up with the idea to write about an author who does the very thing I wanted to do. I finally wrote the book and it was published in 2014.

What inspired you to write this particular story?

I HATE that we as humans think it is better to hide our pain and hurt then deal with them. I know due to shame, guilt, and condemnation, people have a tendency to keep secrets, but I know secrets destroy and kill. I decided if I wrote a book with enough dysfunction to make an addict feel like a saint, then maybe people would feel more comfortable in exposing their own dirty laundry.


CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exclusive Interview with Casey Bell

Lisa Haselton's Reviews and Interviews