ADVANCEMENT

 

ADVANCEMENT

 

I see thy water slide down thou brow

And I simply wonder why and how

How shall thou be anxious and uptight?

How shall thou be nervous and pale white?

Calm thyself and be undisturbed

There is no reason to be perturbed

Calm thyself at once and be at peace

Thy sweat, thy shaking thou must surely cease

For I have come to bring you good tidings and joy

Just like a toy brings to a little school boy

For thy employment you will surely keep

Like a good shepherd who leads his sheep

Thy have shown me you are ready to lead

From my smile and my tone, I am sure you can read

This briefing I have summoned is no concern

For a raise and promotion, you have more than earned

So, congratulations to you on such a great job

Don’t let this go to your head and become a snob.

 

 

From “Poems from the Other Side,” by Casey Bell

 

http://www.lulu.com/shop/casey-bell/poems-from-the-other-side/paperback/product-24161387.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exclusive Interview with Casey Bell

To College or Not to College. Pt 1