NO JOB

 

NO JOB

 

I would climb mountains for you

I would walk down valleys too

I would fly the airs with the birds and bees

I would swim the oceans with the fish with ease

I would buy the moon and the sun

I would stop bullets shooting from a gun

I would stop a moving train with my bare hands

And cause it to rain on these dry lands

I would cry you a river when you go away

No matter the weather it’s here I will stay

I would crawl underground to find you the best gold

And fly above the highest heights for stories untold

I would work hard to buy you the fastest car

And find you the best liquor from the bestest bar

I’d get autographs from the greatest athletes

And buy their shoes and put them on your feet

I’d make you the biggest dinner with potatoes and steak

And for dessert I would bake you the sweetest cake

I will defend you and protect you from every dirty cop

And in the courtroom, I’ll get a lawyer that just won’t stop

I’ll bare your children no matter how many you want

I’ll never nag you, scold you, grumble or haunt

I’ll even tell my momma she cannot come in this house

If she has not learned how to respect and honor my spouse

I’ll tell my daddy; he better stop making it hard on you

Because me and you are stuck together, together like glue

I’d lay on my back so you can make sweet love to me

And then I’d make you a sandwich and bring it to thee

It’s because of my love for you

These things I would freely do

But I will not do what you just asked me to do

For God did not make my mouth to do that to you.

 

 

POEM FROM “POEMS FROM THE OTHER SIDE”

 

https://www.lulu.com/shop/casey-bell/poems-from-the-other-side/paperback/product-24161387.html?page=1&pageSize=4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exclusive Interview with Casey Bell

The Douglas Coleman Show VE with Casey Bell