SOW AND REAP


SOW AND REAP

People call her Karma

And I called her not

Yet she appeared at my door

Reminding me of what I have done

In my forgetful past

Maybe I did call her

She is here

I didn’t realize the magnitude

Of plants that would grow

From my little seeds

My seeds of ugly

My seeds of awfulness

I try to be angry with

What she has brought me

But I am reminded

Only a hypocrite is angry

With his harvest

So I humble myself

And take my memories

Of my poorly planted seeds

And find those who are awaiting

My apologies

As difficult as it seems

I find the strength

The courage

And the discipline

To speak my sorries

And mend broken

Hearts, minds, and souls

And as I atone

I find myself less

Angry at the harvest Karma

Has brought me


From "Poems from the Other Side"


http://www.lulu.com/shop/casey-bell/poems-from-the-other-side/paperback/product-24161387.html




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exclusive Interview with Casey Bell

To College or Not to College. Pt 1